As a Mental Fitness Consultant and Communications Specialist, Vincent Mays shows his clients how to be strong mentally. He does this by motivating others to succeed in all areas of life, from their professional careers, to their home life and relationships, by overcoming stumbling blocks.
We train our bodies with physical fitness to feel good, stay healthy, and to be able to easily complete physical tasks. When we neglect our physical health, we start to feel sluggish, slower and all around unhealthy. Our mental fitness holds the same importance as our physical fitness does, though many individuals do not take it into as much consideration. For many of us, when the going get tough, we either let them drag us down to the point of depression or anger, or we go in another direction entirely to avoid the struggle. While there may be times that walking away is best, most often, the struggle is what helps us grow and build our character and our minds. Vincent feels that this is just what we need to do to survive in today’s fast-paced, demanding world.
Vincent Mays describes mental fitness as a developing of your brain as well as your emotional health. It is about keeping your mind sharp and able to work under pressure in challenging situations. When an emergency, conflict or other negative situation arises, a calm, relaxed, and clear mind will have a much easier time developing a solution than a mind that is stressed out and unprepared. Passionate about his beliefs and the research behind it, Vincent Mays has turned his passion for consulting into a major component of his professional career.
- Meditation – Finding time to be alone with your thoughts is essential to problem solving and achieving one’s goals. Vincent Mays recommends putting aside some time each day to reflect on your thoughts, goals, and challenges, even if it is just for a few minutes. Putting in time to pay attention to your thoughts provides a much great solution than simply letting them float around aimless all day in your head.
- Self-Help Books – Reading in general can help relax and stimulate the mind. As an aspiring author himself, Vincent Mays recommends a variety of self-help books to his clients including:
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Dr. Carol Dweck
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- Exercise or Fitness Training – pairing physical fitness with mental fitness is extremely beneficial to one’s overall health. The mind and body are constantly working with one and another and can only really excel when both are operating in top condition.
Vincent Mays has seen the struggle and he knows that it is never easy, but he hopes that anyone who is struggling or hurting will take the time to read a self-help book, get in touch with a consultant or mentor and exercise your mind and your body for good physical and mental fitness.
Submit your review