As a mental fitness consultant, Vincent Mays strives to motivate others to succeed in all areas of life, from their professional careers, to their home life and relationships, to how they spend their free time.
We train our bodies physically to feel good, stay healthy, and to be able to easily complete physical tasks. When we neglect our physical health, we start to feel sluggish, slower and all around unhealthy. Our mental fitness holds the same significance, though many individuals do not take it into as much consideration.
Vincent Mays describes mental fitness as a developing of your brain as well as your emotional health. It is about keeping your mind sharp and able to work under pressure in challenging situations. When an emergency, conflict or other negative situation arises, a calm, relaxed, and clear mind will have a much easier time developing a solution than a mind that is stressed out and unprepared. Passionate about his beliefs and the research behind it, Vincent Mays has turned his passion for consulting into a major component of his professional career.
Throughout his professional career, Vincent Mays has found a variety of effective ways to improve mental health and mental fitness.
- Meditation – Finding time to be alone with your thoughts is essential to problem solving and achieving one’s goals. Vincent Mays recommends putting aside some time each day to reflect on your thoughts, goals, and challenges, even if it is just for a few minutes. Putting in time to pay attention to your thoughts provides a much great solution than simply letting them float around aimless all day in your head.
- Self-Help Books – Reading in general can help relax and stimulate the mind. As an aspiring author himself, Vincent Mays recommends a variety of self-help books to his clients including:
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Dr. Carol Dweck
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- Exercise or Fitness Training – pairing physical fitness with mental fitness is extremely beneficial to one’s overall health. The mind and body are constantly working with one and another and can only really excel when both are operating in top condition.
Submit your review